Brady Family Christmas Half Ham (2.25kg)
Produced to an old butchers recipe, and using traditional ingredients, no Christmas would be complete without Brady Family baked Half Ham! We use only Bord Bia approved 100% Irish pork leg to guarantee the best quality and flavour. Our 3 day curing method allows the ham to slowly mature, giving it a more delicate and distinctive flavour. Steam cooked for 8-12 hours, glazed by hand, and finally, oven baked, it’s no wonder it tastes so great.
Simply reheat in the oven and enjoy a hassle-free Christmas dinner. Our 2.25kg ham is big enough to feed a small/medium sized family gathering, and any leftovers can be reheated.
The ham is ready to eat but can be reheated if desired. Heating times vary with appliances, the following are guidelines only.
To reheat whole ham:
• Pre-heat oven to 180C (Fan Oven 160) / Gas Mark 4
• Wrap the ham with parchment paper and then tinfoil
• Place ham on a rack placed in a roasting tray with approximately 2cm of water in the base. For extra flavour, the water can be replaced with cider or add some spice such as star anise, cloves, cinnamon or a bay leaf to the water
• Gently steam cooks your ham, allowing 1 hour for each kg of weight. Top up the water in the roasting tray if necessary during cooking
• Increase the temperature to 200C (Fan Oven 180) / Gas Mark 6 and remove the wrapping for the final 20 minutes to allow the glaze to caramelize giving a golden finish.
To reheat slices:
• Pre-heat oven to 200C (Fan Oven 180) / Gas Mark 6
• Generously carve your slices of ham to the desired thickness
• Evenly spread the sliced ham over a rack placed in a roasting tray with approximately 2cm of water in the base. For extra flavour, the water can be replaced with cider or add some spice such as star anise, cloves, cinnamon or a bay leaf to the water
• Cover over the roasting tray with tin foil
• Gently steam cook your sliced ham for 20-25minutes
Pork, Salt, Stabilisers (Sodium Triphosphate, Sodium Polyphosphate), Dried Glucose Syrup, Dextrose, Yeast Extract, Antioxidant (Sodium Ascorbate), Preservatives (Sodium Nitrite, Potassium Nitrate), Sugar, 117g of Raw Pork per 100g finished product
|Per 100g||Per 30g serving||% RI|
|Energy||663kJ/ 158kcal||133kJ/ 32kcal||2%|
|of which saturates||2.2g||0.4g||4%|
|of which sugars||0.5g||0.1g||<1%|