Brady Family “Just Add” Shredded Ham, Spinach and Mushroom Vol-Au-Vents
Cook: 15 mins
Serves: 6 people
4 packs of Brady Family Traditional Shredded Ham
12 vol-au-vent cases (found in the freezer aisle)
1 tbsp Wholegrain mustard
200g mushrooms, chopped
Sea salt and freshly grated black pepper
- Cook the vol-au-vent cases according to pack instructions.
- Make a basic Béchamel sauce by melting the butter in saucepan over a medium heat and stirring in the flour until smooth. Gradually add in the milk, whisking constantly to avoid lumps. Keep adding milk as the sauce thickens.
- Once the all of the milk has been added, stir in the mustard. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Keep an eye on it, as it will thicken quickly. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Over a medium heat, warm a frying pan and cook the mushrooms and leftover ham for about 5 minutes. Add the spinach during the last minute.
- Add the Brady Family Traditional Shredded Ham,, mushrooms and spinach into the white sauce and stir to combine.
- Fill the shells and serve to your guests.