Serves: 4 people
2 packs of Brady Family Traditional Shredded Ham
100g parmesan cheese
100g frozen peas
3 large eggs
2 plump garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
50g unsalted butter
Sea salt and freshly grated black pepper
1. Bring water to boil in a saucepan and add 1 teaspoon of salt to the water when boiled.
2. Beat 3 eggs in medium bowl and season, then set aside.
3. Grate 100g of parmesan cheese into a bowl and set aside.
4. Add 350g of tagliatelle to the saucepan of boiling water and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes or until al dente.
5. While pasta is cooking squash the peeled garlic cloves, just to brush them, then drop 50g of unsalted butter into a large frying pan. As soon as the butter is melted tip in the garlic cloves and 100g of frozen peas.
6. Leave to cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally until peas are fully cooked through, then remove the garlic cloves from pan.
7. When pasta is ready use a tongs to add the pasta to the large pan.
8. Mix the grated parmesan cheese with the eggs.
9. Take large pan off heat and slowly add in the egg and cheese mixture, the mixture should thicken and not scramble. Add 2 – 3 tablespoons of pasta water to moisten up the pasta if needed.
10. Finally stir in Brady Family Traditional Shredded Ham to the pasta, season and serve.