Brady Family Just Add Smoked Shredded Ham
Keogh’s Baby New Potatoes
1 large egg yolk
¾ cup Donegal Rapeseed Oil
½ teaspoon Lakeshore Irish Mustard
1 tablespoon Con Traas Irish Apple Cider Vinegar
Pinch of salt
1. Boil potatoes in salted water until done. Cool to room temperature.
2. Place diced potatoes in large bowl.
3. Add the chopped spring onion.
4. Place the egg yolk and salt in a food processor. Pulse to combine. Add the apple cider vinegar and mustard; blend well. With the motor running, add the oil, drop by drop. This will take a few minutes. Don’t rush it or the mayonnaise may “break,” meaning the oil will separate from the egg. (Note: If your food processor has a small hole in the feed-tube pusher, pour the oil in there and let it drip through.)
5. Once you’ve added the oil, sample the mayo and add more salt or apple cider vinegar to taste. Cover tightly and refrigerate for up to 5 days. Stir before use.
6. Stir in the mayonnaise to the potato mixture. Chill in fridge if you prefer before serving.